Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Moderator Moderator

Bloons Tower Defense 6 Proof of Concept

Hello, okay so I'm making this thread mostly to show anyone who has doubts that there ARE many reasons for why a BTD 6 could exist. This is in no way meant to be a "NK! Please make a BTD6 NOW" thread, but a proof of concept.

1. Varied bloon patterns.

Every time you play the game, it's always the same pattern over and over. This makes the towers that you'd use very predictable so you really end up using certain towers over others. For an example: Bomb towers are really good against clusters and Tack towers are very good in tight bends. In BTD5, bloons are more spaced out and come in packs or are very spread, making towers like Dart monkeys or Ninja Monkeys optimal over tack towers.

The way this would be implemented is that you'd have different "Sets" of bloons that would go through each time you start a game. The sets will always be the same but it'll randomly pick a certain set each time you play. This is to give the players some level of predictability so they know what to prepare for while still having some sense of "Okay, my tactic before won't work on this round cause the "set" is different.

This will keep each time you play interesting and bring something new every time. All sets will end on the same round and no set will be "easier or harder. They will all have roughly the same RBE each round, but the orientation and rate the bloons enter, as well as what type of bloons will be different. For an example, in Set 1, you'd have an MOAB at round 46, but in Set 2, you have a mini Ceramic rush. This will make some rounds easier than others, but in the end, it's supposed to balance where one Set is no easier than the other.

2. Naturally implementing new Towers/Bloons

BTD 5 was balanced around the current towers already in game, adding new towers would possibly disrupt the game balance too heavily. So in BTD 6, any new towers would be able to have the bloons balanced around the new implementations rather than having to balance the towers around the old. After all, if you can beat Castle on Hard with the current set of Towers, why would you need any new towers? Every set is possible to beat certain stages, so it's best to save all new towers for the future. Same applies for bloons.

3. Leeway for change of pace

Might not be as obvious, but it ties back to point 1. With the game being quite predictable, it's very easy to know exactly what order to buy what towers for optimal results. Having BTD 6 made from the ground up, it's easier to program systems where you can come across a ZOMG on round 80 instead of 85 every time, or make certain rounds come sooner than others on higher difficulties. From the sound of it, the bloons do come in a manually preset order and it's very hard to implement new orders for them to come out. With a fresh start, rounds will have some leeway to mix and match a bit so that when you reach what you think would be a certain set of bloons, the bloons could stump you with a completely new set, yet you'd still have some time to prepare for it. This allows for a "Randomize" mode of some sort and should make Daily Challenges a bit more interesting beyond simple Tower locks.

4. Implementation of Story mode

This is one most people kind of want. BTD 5 is pretty set in stone and can only get minute updates for the time being. Anything large like story mode would completely change the pace of the game, hence it'd have to be put in BTD 6.

5. Easier implementations of harder difficulty modes and new ideas.

Ties back to points 1, 2, and 4 and somewhat 3. The reason there can't be an "intense" mode is because BTD 5 was designed with Normal mode in mind, and Hard mode was the "limit" that was reached where it was still beatable. There's not much further you can go from Hard mode where it's still beatable due to that, so the only way would be to have the game designed with an Intense mode in mind as well as for new Special Agents and such. The way I see it, BTD 5 is kind of like a Building that gets many add ons, but is open to suggestions on how to make an even bigger, greater building. For the first time, NK is able to really get feedback from the community and have everyone share their ideas. BTD 5 will get updates to hold us over, but eventually will come the point where they'll have enough new ideas to really get to work on BTD 6. Then BTD 6 will be the game that can be "perfected".

That's my insight on why I think BTD 6 WILL exist in the future. Anyone's free to argue with valid points if they wish, but I'm not really arguing, this is all my opinion on the subject.

Final words: YES I KNOW IT'S TOO EARLY TO ASK FOR BTD 6! I'm not asking for a BTD 6 NOW, I'm just stating why I think BTD 6 WILL exist in the future! DO NOT come here posting "It's too early for BTD 6".
    I'm Kao Ninjaratzu, the legendary wolf ninja from another realm.
    Character in my avatar is Siberia Husky and is copyright to Kao Ninjaratzu
    "The "inferior" upgrade is more powerful than you think." - quote by Kao Ninjaratzu
    Join "The Wolf Pack"

Getting kicked from CT, and lagging out in SAS4.
    Oh and also when a person is doing "tier 5 upgrades for btd6" and someone says its OP, well they dont know how BTD6 will go, ie if its going to have a completely diffrent format then it might not be OP

Just saying.
    waa
    i gtg sorry I be back in a min gootta unload dishwasher
    Quote Originally Posted by LegitBaconDude View Post
    omj im so cewl i mean i spam axclematien mark (! tis ting) so tat make me cool. i yuse 10 mallion smileies so tat allso make me so cewl.

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by I HATE CASTLE:( View Post
    Oh and also when a person is doing "tier 5 upgrades for btd6" and someone says its OP, well they dont know how BTD6 will go, ie if its going to have a completely diffrent format then it might not be OP

Just saying.
    Any input is appreciated. The more educated the population, the better.
    "The "inferior" upgrade is more powerful than you think." - quote by Kao Ninjaratzu
    Join "The Wolf Pack"

Administrator Wanna-Be Moderator The Joker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kao Ninjaratzu View Post
    DO NOT come here posting "It's too early for BTD 6".[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
    But it is too early for a BTD6.
    "Hate is too great a burden. It injures the hater more than the hated." -Coretta Scott King
    PM me for a neutral game.
    Quote Originally Posted by joey222 View Post
    Math equations aren't made of blueberry.

Getting kicked from CT, and lagging out in SAS4.
    Oh well I am working on tier 5 upgrades
    waa
    i gtg sorry I be back in a min gootta unload dishwasher
    Quote Originally Posted by LegitBaconDude View Post
    omj im so cewl i mean i spam axclematien mark (! tis ting) so tat make me cool. i yuse 10 mallion smileies so tat allso make me so cewl.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kao Ninjaratzu View Post
    Hello, okay so I'm making this thread mostly to show anyone who has doubts that there ARE many reasons for why a BTD 6 could exist. This is in no way meant to be a "NK! Please make a BTD6 NOW" thread, but a proof of concept.

1. Varied bloon patterns.

Every time you play the game, it's always the same pattern over and over. This makes the towers that you'd use very predictable so you really end up using certain towers over others. For an example: Bomb towers are really good against clusters and Tack towers are very good in tight bends. In BTD5, bloons are more spaced out and come in packs or are very spread, making towers like Dart monkeys or Ninja Monkeys optimal over tack towers.

The way this would be implemented is that you'd have different "Sets" of bloons that would go through each time you start a game. The sets will always be the same but it'll randomly pick a certain set each time you play. This is to give the players some level of predictability so they know what to prepare for while still having some sense of "Okay, my tactic before won't work on this round cause the "set" is different.

This will keep each time you play interesting and bring something new every time. All sets will end on the same round and no set will be "easier or harder. They will all have roughly the same RBE each round, but the orientation and rate the bloons enter, as well as what type of bloons will be different. For an example, in Set 1, you'd have an MOAB at round 46, but in Set 2, you have a mini Ceramic rush. This will make some rounds easier than others, but in the end, it's supposed to balance where one Set is no easier than the other.

2. Naturally implementing new Towers/Bloons

BTD 5 was balanced around the current towers already in game, adding new towers would possibly disrupt the game balance too heavily. So in BTD 6, any new towers would be able to have the bloons balanced around the new implementations rather than having to balance the towers around the old. After all, if you can beat Castle on Hard with the current set of Towers, why would you need any new towers? Every set is possible to beat certain stages, so it's best to save all new towers for the future. Same applies for bloons.

3. Leeway for change of pace

Might not be as obvious, but it ties back to point 1. With the game being quite predictable, it's very easy to know exactly what order to buy what towers for optimal results. Having BTD 6 made from the ground up, it's easier to program systems where you can come across a ZOMG on round 80 instead of 85 every time, or make certain rounds come sooner than others on higher difficulties. From the sound of it, the bloons do come in a manually preset order and it's very hard to implement new orders for them to come out. With a fresh start, rounds will have some leeway to mix and match a bit so that when you reach what you think would be a certain set of bloons, the bloons could stump you with a completely new set, yet you'd still have some time to prepare for it. This allows for a "Randomize" mode of some sort and should make Daily Challenges a bit more interesting beyond simple Tower locks.

4. Implementation of Story mode

This is one most people kind of want. BTD 5 is pretty set in stone and can only get minute updates for the time being. Anything large like story mode would completely change the pace of the game, hence it'd have to be put in BTD 6.

5. Easier implementations of harder difficulty modes and new ideas.

Ties back to points 1, 2, and 4 and somewhat 3. The reason there can't be an "intense" mode is because BTD 5 was designed with Normal mode in mind, and Hard mode was the "limit" that was reached where it was still beatable. There's not much further you can go from Hard mode where it's still beatable due to that, so the only way would be to have the game designed with an Intense mode in mind as well as for new Special Agents and such. The way I see it, BTD 5 is kind of like a Building that gets many add ons, but is open to suggestions on how to make an even bigger, greater building. For the first time, NK is able to really get feedback from the community and have everyone share their ideas. BTD 5 will get updates to hold us over, but eventually will come the point where they'll have enough new ideas to really get to work on BTD 6. Then BTD 6 will be the game that can be "perfected".

That's my insight on why I think BTD 6 WILL exist in the future. Anyone's free to argue with valid points if they wish, but I'm not really arguing, this is all my opinion on the subject.

Final words: YES I KNOW IT'S TOO EARLY TO ASK FOR BTD 6! I'm not asking for a BTD 6 NOW, I'm just stating why I think BTD 6 WILL exist in the future! DO NOT come here posting "It's too early for BTD 6".
    Should be stickied. *Requests sticky*

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbr30nth3gr3at View Post
    Should be stickied. *Requests sticky*
    XD! I guess I really should just have one big Sticky that contains every idea I've had overall. I kind of doubt Neo will sticky this because it's not really a suggestion nor does it help people follow rules better as much as my personal thought, but it'd be really good for the Admins and users to at least see why BTD 6 WOULD be viable in theory.

and XD Joker! You Jokester you! :P
    Join "The Wolf Pack"

request *should'nt be stickied* it dosent need a sticky, it's an idea, and just cause he spent like half an hour writing about somthing that dosent exist. if this needs a sticky, everybodies idea needs a sticky.
    i've been on this forum since the begining of BTD5, i just dont say much.

want me to draw your tower, special agent or avatar? follow the link!
    http://ninjakiwi.com/Forum/showthrea...w.-tower-ideas!!

visit my youtube page, 321puca http://www.youtube.com/user/321puca

"like a boss" I HATE CASTLE!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jaga 321 View Post
    request *should'nt be stickied* it dosent need a sticky, it's an idea, and just cause he spent like half an hour writing about somthing that dosent exist. if this needs a sticky, everybodies idea needs a sticky.
    Since when did I say *Requests sticky* on every other thread? When?

Quote Originally Posted by Umbr30nth3gr3at View Post
    Since when did I say *Requests sticky* on every other thread? When?
    i did'nt say you did, i am just saying how an idea shouldnt be stickied, even if it is very deatailed
    i've been on this forum since the begining of BTD5, i just dont say much.

want me to draw your tower, special agent or avatar? follow the link!
    http://ninjakiwi.com/Forum/showthrea...w.-tower-ideas!!

visit my youtube page, 321puca http://www.youtube.com/user/321puca

"like a boss" I HATE CASTLE!