Tips to Reduce LagHere are a few tips on how to reduce lag in your game, if you have anything else that you do feel free to post it here
Some of these I'm not entirely sure about but they seem to work for me at least so its worth a try!
No Download Tips
- Less is more, have less towers on the map but stronger ones
- Mute both the volume controls within the game, Music and Sound [Bottom Right]
- Minimise the game, if worst comes to worst minimising will reduce lag, even though you cant see whats going on, if you have Rays of Doom, then centre your cursor on the best spot, then quickly move the mouse off the game and the rays should stay targeted on that area.
- Ray of Doom beams, will also remain targeted on the one spot if you center your cursor where you want, then ALT+TAB. For both of these methods make sure you do not roll back over the game again.
- I crashed on apopalypse at round 219 my first try, the next try i turned off fast-foreward and got to round 250
- Since then i have also done better, I'm not saying leave fast-foreward off ALL the time, but if your going to bed, or going out then definitely turn it off
- If you don't want to use an element inspector, [in the list below], you can run the .swf file by itself with this link http://www.ninjakiwifiles.com/Games/gameswfs/btd5.swf, it will stay white for a while, but just leave it to load and it will work. Note that this will run the game at a larger size, which will cause problems later in freeplay.
- Just because the round has ended and nothing is going on, doesn't mean you won't crash... Make what you will of this advice.
- Bloons move faster in Hard, and slower in Easy. It's possible that playing on a harder difficulty could cause you to suffer greater lag
- You can change the quality with no add-on's by right clicking and selecting settings, then outside of the box that shows up, right click anywhere and a quality option will show up. Pick low quality, then close the initial pop-up
- Use Task Manager's process list (CTRL+ALT+DEL --> Task Manager) to close 'explorer'. But only if you know what your doing.
- Try and destroy all MOAB's as soon as possible. The more MOAB's on the screen, the more projectiles will fill up the screen attacking them, and overall between projectiles and MOAB's, it's one massive lag-fest
- BTD5 now has a performance mode! Enable performance mode by clicking the lightbulb below the game
Add-On's and Programs
- This add on for firefox help's a fair bit: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-Us/fir.../flashresizer/
- You can download a program like Game-Booster, which shuts off all other unnecessary system processes: http://game-booster.en.softonic.com/
- Get an 'Element Inspector' with the ability to temporarily 'remove' an element, you can get an element inspector add-on/extensions for firefox and google chrome, possibly other browsers
- found this program that looks promising for those long drawn out freeplay matches, unsure of it's full use but here it is for Firefox: http://www.chrisholtz.com/clearcachebutton
When installed go to Tools --> Clear Cache
It doesn't force you to re-load your match so it shouldn't cause any problems.
Here is another version for chrome https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...hrome-ntp-icon
Why You Lag
Maybe not 100%, but practically all of the lag you will ever have in this game comes from your towers. I've played archipelago a fair bit, i crashed it on medium after having such serious lag that every second lasted about 10 seconds. That was about round 169, the score might still be up there. But this time, i'm playing the same map on hard, but with less towers and all of them powerful. Currently almost round 190, with no lag.
As i said before, anything else you may know that could help out anyone, feel free to post here and i'll add it to the list A large collection of helpful knowledge should not be kept hidden away.
Results 1 to 10 of 88
Thread: Tips to Reduce Lag
02-28-2012, 02:52 AM #1
Tips to Reduce Lag
02-28-2012, 04:28 AM #2
- Join Date
- Dec 2011
Thank you for this, the flash resizer really helped me.BTD5 Deluxe New Beginner Track Walkthroughs: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL41B6D1C21D1836B2
02-28-2012, 02:54 PM #3
- Join Date
- Feb 2012
perhaps future versions of bloons could have an option to turn off the shooting animation of towers... that'll help reduce lag...
02-28-2012, 06:08 PM #4
Sweet! I had a feeling there was a way to have Rays of doom aim consistantly if you moved fast enough.
I always resize the size to 75% so I don't have to scroll to see the game (wide screen monitor), but once I get beyond 85, I slowly add more and the eventually just go on a different tab until the sound quiets, but I'll try the sound off thing (I usually turn off music to listen to my own but keep sound on.) I guess you use an auto clicker to keep the rounds going while away?I'm Kao Ninjaratzu, the legendary wolf ninja from another realm.
Character in my avatar is Siberia Husky and is copyright to Kao Ninjaratzu
"The "inferior" upgrade is more powerful than you think." - quote by Kao Ninjaratzu
Join "The Wolf Pack"
02-29-2012, 09:57 AM #5
I just play on apopalypse ^_^ spend a good 4-6 hours setting your defence up, then come back 10 hours later to see if shockwave crashed, or if your still good
Besides Auto-clickers cause a lot of lag themselves
02-29-2012, 09:59 AM #6
03-01-2012, 08:39 AM #7
what about in chrome?? i can get to 200 before it crashes..OOOOOOOOOOO80OOOOOOOOOOO
03-03-2012, 10:38 PM #8
- Join Date
- Mar 2012
No offense but downloading things like game booster and using them really helps too basically only runs the browsers process and ends all unneciserry ones
I have never gotten high enough to crash but I never have lag.
03-03-2012, 11:04 PM #9
When in the high rounds, every 10 rounds or so, save your game, exit your browser, and restart BTD5. This will make things faster as flash will stop using memory from RAM and gradually start using it again as you restart. Note: Doesn't work for apocalypse as you cannot save.AP: 6560
BTD5 Rank: 149
Favourite Map: Tree Tops
Favourite Tower: Ice Tower
Highest Round Apopalypse: 400 (Monkey Lane, Park Path)
Highest Round Freeplay: 387 (Brick Wall)
03-04-2012, 04:15 AM #10
Flash re-sizer is here because is was suggesting in a sticky thread