Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bloons Monkey City - FAQ

I decided to make a FAQ for those who were wondering.

ALL INFORMATION HERE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE, THIS INFORMATION IS UNRELIABLE IF IT DOES NOT MATCH THE CURRENT VERSION NUMBER.

Current version: Closed Beta #2

1. When do Camo-Leads first come?
    ANSWER: On the levels marked with a Ceramic Bloon.

2. What should I have to beat the Dark Dirigible Titan tile?
    ANSWER: At least 5 Apprentices, 5 Dartling Guns, and 5 Spike Factories ALL upgraded to 2/2.

3. How hard is the Dark Dirigible Titan?
    ANSWER: It has less than or equal to the speed of a Pink, yet wields the exact same health as a Massive Ornary Air Blimp, whilst holding the Lead, Black, and Camo properties.

4. How many Dark Dirigible Titans appear in their stage?
    ANSWER: Just 3, and they're on the last round, as well.

5. Agh! Why can't I beat this special mission!?
    ANSWER: Special Missions are meant for higher leveled cities, and the most of them are extremely difficult solely due to the fact that they give an extremely useful item in return for beating it.

6. Should I invest in Ice Towers?
    ANSWER: No. It's your choice, but that bug was already reported and it will get fixed, so the Ice Tower is yet again even more useless.

7. Bionic Boomers are awesome!! Why shouldn't you use them?
    ANSWER: Because they can't pop Camo, and Camo is a very common bloon, second only to Regen. Especially when battling Dark Dirigible Titans.
    SS2 Gohan's Best Quote: "Can it."
    Majin Vegeta's Best Quote: "You may have taken my mind and my body, but there's one thing a saiyan always keeps, HIS PRIIIIIIIIIIIIDE!!!"
    SS2 Gohan's Second Best Quote: "You're finished."
    DBZ will always be the best anime ever.

the ice tower won't really be useless. if you pop the whites somehow the ice tower is actually pretty good early on.
    I'm rank 43 on NK with 25930 AP. view all my challenges here. Rank 94 in BTD5.
    10: Godly Amazing, 9: Awesome, 8: Great, 7: good, 6: decent, 5: okay, 4: bad, 3: terrible,2: awful, 1: utterly abysmal, 0: NUKE IT FROM THE ORBIT!!!!!, What?,What the heck is this?, *Inserts 40 letter acronym*

Quote Originally Posted by John Fausnaught View Post
    ANSWER: Special Missions are meant for higher leveled cities, and the most of them are extremely difficult solely due to the fact that they give an extremely useful item in return for beating it.
    Not only that, but special mission difficulty is related to the difficulty of the surrounding tiles. If the mission is close to your city center it will be much easier than if it is far away, surrounded by multi-BFB/ZOMG/DDT tiles.
    11690 AP (BTD4: Complete, SASZATD: Complete, Battle Blocks: Complete, SAS3: Complete, BSM2: Complete, BTD5O need fanatic, BTDB: need unspoppable, Battle Panic: need two wave 300s)
    BTD5O: Rank 101 SAS3: Rank 50 NK: Rank 36
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I'm very happy pokerninja's post is on the last page and my joke gets to continue on for eternity

I decided to make a FAQ for those who were wondering.

ALL INFORMATION HERE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE, THIS INFORMATION IS UNRELIABLE IF IT DOES NOT MATCH THE CURRENT VERSION NUMBER.

Current version: Closed Beta #2

1. When do Camo-Leads first come?
    ANSWER: On the levels marked with a Ceramic Bloon.

2. What should I have to beat the Dark Dirigible Titan tile?
    ANSWER: At least 5 Apprentices, 5 Dartling Guns, and 5 Spike Factories ALL upgraded to 2/2.

3. How hard is the Dark Dirigible Titan?
    ANSWER: It has less than or equal to the speed of a Pink, yet wields the exact same health as a Massive Ornary Air Blimp, whilst holding the Lead, Black, and Camo properties.

4. How many Dark Dirigible Titans appear in their stage?
    ANSWER: Just 3, and they're on the last round, as well.

6. Should I invest in Ice Towers?
    ANSWER: No. It's your choice, but that bug was already reported and it will get fixed, so the Ice Tower is yet again even more useless.

7. Bionic Boomers are awesome!! Why shouldn't you use them?
    ANSWER: Because they can't pop Camo, and Camo is a very common bloon, second only to Regen. Especially when battling Dark Dirigible Titans.
    John, I'm afraid you were rather ignorant when you made your FAQ. Let me elaborate:

#2: Whilst that combination might work on some tracks, I can't see it guaranteed on others. Just remember that there is more than 1 solution to defeat the DDT, and some solutions I personally find work better than the one you suggested.

#3: The DDT has been considered to be even faster than the pink bloon, and in good reason. I've had many robo-monkeys have difficulty hitting the DDT'S at their fairly crazy pacing, even more so than on the pink bloons. Of course even I may be a little hypocritical here about ignorance, but from what I've observed, it seems to outpace even pink bloons. As for the health, I am afraid you are incorrect about this. It definitely has more health than the MOAB, this has been proven on multiple occasions and I've witnessed it myself too. The DDT has health somewhere between that of a MOAB and BFB, it does not yield the same health as the MOAB.

#4: You're only associating that with certain tiles John, there is a vast array of DDT tiles out there, some have many more than just 3. I've also had DDT'S come well before the last round of a tile, that statement is factually incorrect.

#6: Actually, with snap freeze the ice tower is incredibly powerful, probably too powerful....anyway, I wouldn't flat out say you should ignore all ice investments because of a bug fix. Arctic wind is a key factor at countering those huge groups of ceramics which may slide through your otherwise mediocre defense. The ice tower is far from useless, and I think many would concur with me.

#7: You can't just throw aside bionic boomers because they cannot pop camo. Sure, that's one of their weaknesses but it doesn't mean you shouldn't use them. Bionic boomers can be used very effectively early game, just like ricochets. If you're so worried about boomers not being able to detect camo, invest in a village, or even better.....a mortar.
    Quote Originally Posted by ??? View Post
    Why do people quote themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by Crushbeast View Post
    John, I'm afraid you were rather ignorant when you made your FAQ. Let me elaborate:

#2: Whilst that combination might work on some tracks, I can't see it guaranteed on others. Just remember that there is more than 1 solution to defeat the DDT, and some solutions I personally find work better than the one you suggested.

#3: The DDT has been considered to be even faster than the pink bloon, and in good reason. I've had many robo-monkeys have difficulty hitting the DDT'S at their fairly crazy pacing, even more so than on the pink bloons. Of course even I may be a little hypocritical here about ignorance, but from what I've observed, it seems to outpace even pink bloons. As for the health, I am afraid you are incorrect about this. It definitely has more health than the MOAB, this has been proven on multiple occasions and I've witnessed it myself too. The DDT has health somewhere between that of a MOAB and BFB, it does not yield the same health as the MOAB.

#4: You're only associating that with certain tiles John, there is a vast array of DDT tiles out there, some have many more than just 3. I've also had DDT'S come well before the last round of a tile, that statement is factually incorrect.

#6: Actually, with snap freeze the ice tower is incredibly powerful, probably too powerful....anyway, I wouldn't flat out say you should ignore all ice investments because of a bug fix. Arctic wind is a key factor at countering those huge groups of ceramics which may slide through your otherwise mediocre defense. The ice tower is far from useless, and I think many would concur with me.

#7: You can't just throw aside bionic boomers because they cannot pop camo. Sure, that's one of their weaknesses but it doesn't mean you shouldn't use them. Bionic boomers can be used very effectively early game, just like ricochets. If you're so worried about boomers not being able to detect camo, invest in a village, or even better.....a mortar.
    +1.

I think you were a little too quick to post this and didn't think each point through thoroughly Especially the Ice Tower point. Not many towers are powerful in their 2-2 state. Boomers 3-2 and 2-3 compared to 2-2 for example, and same thing goes for 3-2 Ice Towers.

Quote Originally Posted by Crushbeast View Post

#2: Yeah, well, it's the most cost effective solution. After all, a village wastes money, because it wastes fire power that you can use to buy more stuff.

#3: I honestly thought that it was slower than the pink, imo. And it seems to have equal health as the MOAB, in fact, I thought it was LESS!

#4: Well, of the ten DDT tiles I've beaten so far, this was how it's like.

#6: Arctic Wind is horrifically expensive, and can usually be replaced with better towers.

#7: The DDT is a monster, crushbeast, and you said it yourself. Should invest in universal towers before normal ones.
    SS2 Gohan's Best Quote: "Can it."
    Majin Vegeta's Best Quote: "You may have taken my mind and my body, but there's one thing a saiyan always keeps, HIS PRIIIIIIIIIIIIDE!!!"
    SS2 Gohan's Second Best Quote: "You're finished."
    DBZ will always be the best anime ever.

#2: Yeah, well, it's the most cost effective solution. After all, a village wastes money, because it wastes fire power that you can use to buy more stuff.

#3: I honestly thought that it was slower than the pink, imo. And it seems to have equal health as the MOAB, in fact, I thought it was LESS!

#4: Well, of the ten DDT tiles I've beaten so far, this was how it's like.

#6: Arctic Wind is horrifically expensive, and can usually be replaced with better towers.

#7: The DDT is a monster, crushbeast, and you said it yourself. Should invest in universal towers before normal ones.
    Just a few things:

Yes, arctic wind is indeed expensive, but it's a worthwhile investment and can pay off very, very well.

I wasn't associating bionic boomers with DDT'S. Bionic boomers are still useful and can be put into good effect, of course they're in no way strong enough to handle the DDT, but that's not what they're necessarily for. Bionic boomers tend to be used on anything ceramics and under, from stripping ceramic layers to bringing streams of blacks and whites to a halt. Bionic boomers can be incredibly versatile if utilized in the correct manner.
    Quote Originally Posted by ??? View Post
    Why do people quote themselves?

DDT's health is actually 300. And yes, there's faster than pinks.

on some impoppable tiles where the rounds were until 29 DDTs came at 28, and at 29 there were 6. So you're incorrect about that they're only on the last round.

About Arctic Wind, you really understimate the power of them, John. They can save you from inscreably big ceramic rushes. On impoppable tiles arctic wind is the key to success.

about the bionic boomer, I don't even touch it. There are much better towers, like dartling gun.
    10: Godly Amazing, 9: Awesome, 8: Great, 7: good, 6: decent, 5: okay, 4: bad, 3: terrible,2: awful, 1: utterly abysmal, 0: NUKE IT FROM THE ORBIT!!!!!, What?,What the heck is this?, *Inserts 40 letter acronym*

Quote Originally Posted by sniper 355 View Post
    DDT's health is actually 300. And yes, there's faster than pinks.

on some impoppable tiles where the rounds were until 29 DDTs came at 28, and at 29 there were 6. So you're incorrect about that they're only on the last round.

About Arctic Wind, you really understimate the power of them, John. They can save you from inscreably big ceramic rushes. On impoppable tiles arctic wind is the key to success.

about the bionic boomer, I don't even touch it. There are much better towers, like dartling gun.
    1-1 dartling is about the same price as 2-3 Boomer, and Boomers are better.

BOOMER:
    -Pops lead
    -Great starting tower
    -Pops frozen bloons

DARTLING:
    -Can pop weak camo rushes
    -Decent until fast bloons come

Quote Originally Posted by BoomerangFTW View Post
    1-1 dartling is about the same price as 2-3 Boomer, and Boomers are better.

BOOMER:
    -Pops lead
    -Great starting tower
    -Pops frozen bloons

DARTLING:
    -Can pop weak camo rushes
    -Decent until fast bloons come
    you forgot one thing about dartling: Unlimited range! And I use glaive riccochet for rushes. And maybe 2 2/1 dartlings with jungle drums can beat a MOAB. More dartlings = overkill. Seriousley, 6 bionic boomers couldn't even crack a MOAB on wattle trees without tons of spikes. Dartlings can do it easily.

bionic boomer is overrated IMO.