Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

BSM2: A Golden Bloons Tale

What Is A Golden Bloon?

A golden bloon is a very fast bloon that supposedly spawns in every level. It takes a few hits for it to pop, and when it finally does it drops a power-up that transforms your Super Monkey into a "Epic Super Monkey". For a few seconds you get One of Six upgrades that almost all pertain to a weapon path. All are listed and shown below in the spoiler.

Ontop of the Golden Bloon, You can also get a less common "?" Bloon that has the same purpose. They pop after being hit once, and they only appear in stages 1-4, 2-2, 4-2, 4-3, and 4-4.

List of Every Power-up

Please note, Research done of these paths does affect them. Proof is shown in the "Spike Ball Gatling Guns" picture due to the red spike balls. (The research was Bloontonium Darts.)
    Spoiler:
    Spike Ball Gatling Gun:

Spoiler:

This tank-like monkey wields a giant gun similar to Spikey Shots. It fires Three spike balls repeatedly, It can cut through everything rather quickly.

Weapon Path/Type: Dart
    Weakness: Lead
    Power-Up Appearance:

Epic Ninja Bloon Squad:

Spoiler:

Armed to the teeth with swords, this ninja sends out a shockwave that can (In some cases) destroy anything in it's path. It has two shadow doubles that fire shuriken repeatedly. They follow your Super Monkey until they locate a bloon, which they move and attack it.

Weapon Path/Type: Boomerang
    Weakness: Lead
    Power-Up Appearance:

MOAB Mauler Ace

Spoiler:

This jet bares great resemblance to the MOAB Maulers from BTD5. It fires four rockets and two bombs repeatedly that annihilate anything on the field. It sends out a MOAB Mauler if a blimp-type bloon spawns on the field while this power-up is active. It's only downfall are it's weaknesses.

Weapon Path/Type: Bomb
    Weakness: Black, Zebra
    Power-Up Appearance:

Great Mage of Monkey Town

Spoiler:

This wizard-like monkey fires green runic balls of energy, that explode on contact with bloons. It's also capable of using lightning.

Weapon Path/Type: Magic
    Weakness: Ceramic
    Power-Up Appearance:

Technological Monkey of Unspoken Terror

Spoiler:

More commonly known as "The Technological Terror", This monstrosity fires orange and green atomic shots. The green ones explode on contact with bloons and send out a shockwave that destroys all surrounding bloons.

Weapon Path/Type: Energy
    Weakness: Glass
    Power-Up Appearance:

Golden Monkey Of The Sun

Spoiler:

More commonly known as "The Sun God", This is arguably the most powerful power-up. It's armed with Ten golden whips that attack in quick succession, and is capable of acting as a barricade and destroying anything that tries to get by.

Weapon Path/Type: You could technically say this is also the energy path, Except it can pop glass.
    Weakness: Not available. It can decimate anything it touches.
    Power-Up Appearance:

Golden Bloon Locations:

Listed below is a picture of every location where the golden bloons spawn. If an image is "The Item You Requested Does Not Exist", It means there currently is no golden bloon in that level. The red circle represents where the golden bloon is, And the arrow represents where it enters the field from. I tried not to pop any bloons so you know what the field looks like exactly when it spawns.

Monkey Lane:

Spoiler:

Stage 1:

Spoiler:

Stage 2:

Spoiler:

Stage 3:

Spoiler:

Stage 4:

Spoiler:

Stage 5:

Spoiler:

Bloon Dunes:

Spoiler:

Stage 1:

Spoiler:

Stage 2:

Spoiler:

Stage 3:

Spoiler:

Stage 4:

Spoiler:

Stage 5:

Spoiler:

Deep Bloon Sea

Spoiler:

Stage 1:

Spoiler:

Stage 2:

Spoiler:

Stage 3:

Spoiler:

Stage 4:

Spoiler:

Stage 5:

Spoiler:

Mount Magma:

Spoiler:

Stage 1:

Spoiler:

Stage 2:

Spoiler:

Stage 3:

Spoiler:

Stage 4:

Spoiler:

Stage 5:

Spoiler:

Trivia:

Spoiler:

- The Golden Bloon can be viewed as a Golden Snitch, For they both move quickally and can be challenging to catch.

-The Golden Bloon can also be viewed as a Golden Fire Flower because they both rarely spawn, and transform the user if caught.

-The "?" Bloon can be viewed as The "?" Block due to the fact they both require one hit to break/pop, and the item inside can transform the user. They also yield the same logo.

The "?" Bloon is one of the only bloons in the game that will never have some kind of armour.

Other Guides

Spoiler:
    BSM2: A Bloons Battle Battalion.
    BSM2: A Upgrader's Manual and Trophy Handbook.
    BSM2: A Super Monkey's Track Book, Volumes 1-4. Removed due to lack of completion.
    BSM2: A Researcher's Encyclopedia Of Knowledge.

-If there's any flaws in this, Please point them out. Feedback is also appreciated.- (This includes possible references)
    Last edited by Squideer; 06-18-2013 at 08:12 AM.
    Want to see the Daily Challenges I've had accepted? View them here
    Bloons Super Monkey 2: A Super Monkeys Secret Collection.
    What is the ''Fairness Penalty"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Squideer View Post
    This is unbelievable...
    Quote Originally Posted by karibola View Post
    How dare they make achievements that force you, to you know, achieve something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathgodpi View Post
    lol wut

Nice guide. Should be helpful to a lot of players.
    NLL = No Lives Lost. NAPS = No Agents, Premiums, or Specialty Buildings.
    NAPSFRILLS = No Agents, Premiums, Specialty Buildings, Farming, Road Items, Lives Lost, or Selling (Farming includes 3/x villages and x/4 snipers)

From NAPSFRILLS, for missing any element(s) just remove the corresponding letter(s).

Nice guide. Should be helpful to a lot of players.
    It took an hour and a half to make >.>

I'm hoping this thread doesn't die right away. Thanks for the comment though.
    This is unbelievable...
    lol wut

I know this is just starting out, so nothing comprehensive from me, but I wanted to comment on the powerups: Do we know whether, or whether not, these powerups use the research bonuses? (Sun God's possible slightly longer time taken to pop mini-MOABs compared to direct tier 6 laser attacks + high research is a possible example.)

The image shown for the spike ball gatling gun is a possible example. It's showing red balls every so often (mine has the same behavior). It should be pretty easy to play without logging in to see if you get any red balls without any research (or a player without the research could chime in as well).

I also wonder about the red balls. The balls still seem prone to let black bloons slip - though when they get to the bottom of the screen sometimes I think they have been popped. What the red balls are doing, if anything, is kind of mysterious.

Very nicely done!

There is a '?' bloon on 4-2 and 4-4 as well that I know of.

Quote Originally Posted by Marche View Post
    Very nicely done!

There is a '?' bloon on 4-2 and 4-4 as well that I know of.
    I'll recheck 4-2 and 4-4, But I don't recall seeing them.

- - - - - post merge - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Oscuro View Post
    I know this is just starting out, so nothing comprehensive from me, but I wanted to comment on the powerups: Do we know whether, or whether not, these powerups use the research bonuses? (Sun God's possible slightly longer time taken to pop mini-MOABs compared to direct tier 6 laser attacks + high research is a possible example.)

The image shown for the spike ball gatling gun is a possible example. It's showing red balls every so often (mine has the same behavior). It should be pretty easy to play without logging in to see if you get any red balls without any research (or a player without the research could chime in as well).

I also wonder about the red balls. The balls still seem prone to let black bloons slip - though when they get to the bottom of the screen sometimes I think they have been popped. What the red balls are doing, if anything, is kind of mysterious.
    Yes they do. That's why my "Gatling Guns" spike balls were red, Instead of all black.
    This is unbelievable...
    lol wut

Ahh, I just checked again now and saw them since I remembered them on those stages before. Didn't save pictures since you didn't put any in for those, but I'm 100% they're there.

@Ed Oscuro
    Pretty sure that they do use the research, except for the Sun God (uncertain if it uses Big Bloon Sabotage).
    The red shots are the Mega Shots for the Spike Gatling Cannon, so they aren't supposed to pop Lead unless they are also Bloontonium Darts (yet you mentioned Black Bloons, which they should already pop).

I will say that even if the Great Mage does use reasearch, it still doesn't all that much damage when there are many Bloons on screen at once.
    I'm in the progress of making a thread for tower combinations and getting the most of out your towers.
    Click here to check up on it and offer what you know.

Beware the F13rC one, for he will strike which fiery experience on the battlefield...

​I believe I saw a powerup bloon on 2-2, you may want to fix that.
    I post in pink. Because I like the color.
    There's a game called Subway Panic! in the Forum Games. It's awesome, check it out!
    Accepted DCs: E.A.S.Y., Field Defense (IDK why I keep this here but whatever)

Yea you were right. I didn't play these full levels through to check for ? bloons, I only played til I saw the golden and quit. I'll be adding them to the walkthrough.
    This is unbelievable...
    lol wut