Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I had 10 lives left on round 43 with 5 destroyers. How did that destroyer spam strategy work? Why do some people say this is so easy?
    You got a new tower!
    Banana Farm
    Gives additional cash

Banana farms are a very important tower. Try to have at least three of them by level 20.

A parallel universe where everything is made of glue. Yes. Even Monkeys. And Bloons.
    Quote Originally Posted by gust4v3 View Post
    I beat NAPS with 84 lives left, only using the turtle + buccaneers + village. I started with turtle (strong) + buccaneer 1|0, then 1|1. Buy more 3 buccaneers 1|1, then upgrade one of them to 1|2 (round 24). Save money and upgrade the 1|2 to 3|2. Buy an apprentice 0|0 (strong) only to pop the leads, place in the beginning of the map. Save the money to buy a village. Make sure your buccaneers are inside the village radius, then upgrade 2 buccaneers 1|2 to 3|2. Before start round 46, buy a buccaneer x|4 and use the ability. Keep spamming buccaneers 3|1, upgrade the village to 2|1, and to beat round 50, use the ability, sell the buccaneer x|4 and rebuy it again (to the last MOAB).

Not a great strategy at all, but it works. And since I really don't like this challenge and Downstream, that's good enough for me.
    Doesnt freaking work. Died on round 47.
    >>> BTD5 Personifications! <<<
    AP: 10100 | Accepted DCs: 27

Post Sign "Gluey Comic Sans MS Post Merge"

Quote Originally Posted by jasonc65 View Post
    This is definitely not a good strategy for Downstream. There is no way spamming apprentice can get you far there. I hate these DC's that encourage bad strategies.
    I understand where you are coming from, but you have to understand the nature of DCs... Not every challenge can be designed to use all of the best towers on every course.

As of today, I think that we are at 365 DCs, and thanks for that NK! That's a lot of challenges, and obviously they couldn't possibly use all of the "best towers" and keep it interesting.

The DCs are little algorithms, a particular solution(s) to the challenge. For me, I find it generally fun to try and figure it out. Sometimes I get frustrated by them, but in general, I enjoy them.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by jasonc65 View Post
    I had 10 lives left on round 43 with 5 destroyers. How did that destroyer spam strategy work? Why do some people say this is so easy?
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterHoHK View Post

Doesnt freaking work. Died on round 47.
    Hum, I really don't remember all the steps very well, but it worked for me only spamming buccaneers. Sorry if that didn't work for you guys.

I will retry again later and I write with more details about it.

PS.: I guess I had a village 2|1 already upgraded before round 47 and 1 (or 2) 3|2 buccaneers set to strong.
    Last edited by gust4v3; 01-27-2013 at 02:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by some guy View Post
    I understand where you are coming from, but you have to understand the nature of DCs... Not every challenge can be designed to use all of the best towers on every course.

As of today, I think that we are at 365 DCs, and thanks for that NK! That's a lot of challenges, and obviously they couldn't possibly use all of the "best towers" and keep it interesting.

The DCs are little algorithms, a particular solution(s) to the challenge. For me, I find it generally fun to try and figure it out. Sometimes I get frustrated by them, but in general, I enjoy them.

Cheers!
    This is not fun, it's frustrating,. All we can do is spam towers that have average popping power to stop ceramics on an evil track. It's a hopeless cause. How do you stop ceramics from rushing downstream with just crap shooters.
    You got a new tower!
    Banana Farm
    Gives additional cash

Banana farms are a very important tower. Try to have at least three of them by level 20.

A parallel universe where everything is made of glue. Yes. Even Monkeys. And Bloons.
    Quote Originally Posted by gust4v3 View Post
    Hum, I really don't remember all the steps very well, but it worked for me only spamming buccaneers. Sorry if that didn't work for you guys.

I will retry again later and I write with more details about it.

PS.: I guess I had a village 2|1 already upgraded before round 47 and 1 (or 2) 3|2 buccaneers set to strong.
    Did it once more and work perfectly. I used buccaneer specialty to save some money by getting 3|1 buccaneers instead of 3|2s. NLLd by accident.
    DC-Multistream.jpg

I guess I didnt have enough 3|1s for the failed one.
    Last edited by PeterHoHK; 01-27-2013 at 02:42 AM.
    >>> BTD5 Personifications! <<<
    AP: 10100 | Accepted DCs: 27

Post Sign "Gluey Comic Sans MS Post Merge"

Quote Originally Posted by some guy View Post
    Feel like I stole one from the Man! 1 LR wins are the best!

Spoiler:

Not a strat I'd recommend! ;)

I did this strategy NAPS 90LL
    Last edited by general123456; 01-27-2013 at 02:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by coyotik View Post
    NAPS after some serious effort, lost about 90 lives in various levels mid-game.
    Started with app and buc. Buc to 0/1 then 1/1, app to 0/1, one more buc 0/1 then 1/1... then app to 0/2, bucs to 2/1, added 2 more, one to 2/2, then village and ace 3/0, then 3/2.. one buc to destroyer, 2/2 to 2/3, to 2/4 for round 46, then added 2/3 ace for 49, rebought the x/4 buc for double takedown.
    I'm sure that either Billy or Bob will appear with a NLL-NAPS - feels like it could be possible with a lot of work on precise positioning, targetting and just the right tower combination. I don't feel like trying at 2 a.m.
    With your strategy, I die while saving for the village. The rainbows kill me.

I finally gave up and used mage spire. I spammed 0/0 apps and finished with 147LL. I had to resell my cannon ship in haste; otherwise, I would hook a ceramic and leak 3. I hooked the last moab just in time.

Anyway, why is this called Multiplicity? It's a multiplicity of frustrations.
    Last edited by jasonc65; 01-27-2013 at 03:04 AM.
    You got a new tower!
    Banana Farm
    Gives additional cash

LOL! Like yesterday's DC. Spend money, buy gold and use Specialty Buildings.

multiplicity.jpg

Did this and luckily survive on 10LL. this is quite a hard one, yet the reward is only $60.